the 1st China-Italy Innovation and Entrepreneurship Challenge
2nd round of preliminaries NOW OPEN
Scale Up your business discovering the opportunities of the Chinese Market!
The ChinItaly Challenge favours teams composed of both Chinese and/or Italian members so as to stimulate cross-boundaries collaborations. The challenge focuses on original innovation, encouraging SMEs and start-ups to carry out cooperation aimed at boosting industrialisation and product development and to encourage outstanding projects to land in innovation incubators or technology parks in China and Italy.
As a pioneering exploration, the initiative is expected to have great influence and significance in terms of innovation cooperation, project incubation and landing as well as international development of start-up enterprises in both Countries.
The candidate projects shall focus on the following areas:
• Smart city • Smart/Green building • Agriculture and food safety •
• Smart manufacturing • Aerospace • Clean energy technology •
• Health and life-sciences • Cultural and Creativity • ICT • New Energy Vehicles •
• Internet Technology • Medical Apparatus and Instruments • Civil Aviation •
Overview of the Program
The ChinItaly Challenge is divided into three main stages of preliminaries, semifinals and finals.
The program is arranged as follows:
1st round of preliminaries road show in Milano: 28 October 2016 (FINALIZED)
Collection of applications: 20 October 2016
Assessment of applications: from 20 October to 25 October 2016
Communication of the selected 20 – 30 teams for the 1st round of preliminaries: 26 October 2016
2nd round of preliminaries: deadline 28 February 2017 (ON GOING)
Semi-finals (April 2017)
Both China and Italy intend to support post-challenge advisory services, offering access to manufacturing, technical and investors networks.
Prizes of the 2nd Round of Preliminaries
The selected teams will be awarded with 1 air ticket per team (Round Trip Italy-China) used for participation in semifinals in China.
Who can participate
The 2nd round of preliminaries is open to:
Registered in China or Italy before 1 November, 2016
2) Innovative Ideas
Detailed Business Plan
NOT Registered in China or Italy before 1 November, 2016
Certain team members must have necessary innovative S&T background, R&D ability, and capability of industrialization, business management, technology achievement commercialization and marketing.
- A Business Plan complying with the focused technology areas listed above
- Any changes to research and development plan, industrialization plan as well as business pattern are allowed during the competition with submitted solution to be imaginative and innovative
- All business plans should contain contents of establishing enterprise in certain semi-final city of China to achieve the transformation of commercial value
- Any product, technology and patent should belong to the candidate team of company and cannot be involved in intellectual disputes in any country
- All documents presented shall be in English
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2017, 23:59 CET
For more details about the call, please read the Terms and Conditions